So remember how last week I was complaining about my India PR agency not checking their mails before they send it out?
Today I had to deal with my Vietnam PR agency. SIGH.
My email (extracted):
Hi (INSERT NAME HERE),
Noted
that (INSERT PR AGENCY HERE) has always send out the invites together with the press release. If
this has been the past approach and results have been great, we’d definitely go
along with it.
As (EVENT NAME) and (EVENT 2 NAME) will both be held in Singapore and not Vietnam, we would be
facing some challenges in garnering much coverage. I’m just concern that the
same media will be receiving exact copies of the press release twice. Would it
be better if the first release is sent as a teaser together with the invite,
whereas the second press release (the one in the press pack), would contain
more information such as quotes from guest speakers (to be confirmed)?
Her reply:
Dear Gillian,
In the press conference, the media will be provided as much
information as we have in the press kit. Don't worry.
Thanks,
WTF DOES THAT MEAN?!